Mark

Mark
This is the angel I'm hoping will be my son!

Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Been a while

So, it's been a while since my last post.

I'm sitting here with a glass of wine watching switched at birth. Why do I watch a teen drama show? Well, because 2 of the characters are deaf. It's actually really good and for authenticity it has Marlee Matlin in it! It's been a rough week.

I found out I couldn't adopt Mark, or anyone for that matter, such is the hazard of being SINGLE and DEAF. I sprained my ankle at work (this was minor compared to everything else that happened). A student stole my wallet, however he admitted to it. Oh, and I have Fibromyalgia, so I have a life time of pain management to look forward to. Sorry, folks, I appear to be having a pity party for myself. I promise it won't last too long. They never do!

Now here is what I am grateful for. My family!!!! I won't go into details because my family likes to maintain their privacy but I have the most amazing daddy on the planet! Dad if you're reading this, I love you so much and thank you for listening! To your wife who I will not name, I love you too! To my friends who have listened thank you as well.

To the one who is always there and I don't always remember to thank or praise, God, thank you for surrounding me with some amazing people!

As for Mark, he is in my thoughts daily and there was another family interested in him so I think he will be okay. If I hear anything I will let you know. To all those out there who open your hearts to kids with special needs, God Bless You! It takes a special person to do that and we need more of us out there.

God Bless,

Kelly

2 comments:

  1. Take heart my friend. I have wanted to adopt since I was a young child. I was hit with Fibro in 1989. I married when I was thirty and then got Colitis. I birthed two boys and we figured we were done. The dream of adopting was long gone. UNTIL God opened the door. We brought our son home in 2010. There is hope. You have the rest of your life ahead of you. Fibro does not kill. Praying for you. covenantb@yahoo.com if you want to talk.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Julia,

      Sorry, it's taken me so long to reply, but things have been so crazy lately. I know that Fibro does not kill, it's just the latest in long line of health issues. I haven't given up hope. I was just really frustrated when I wrote that post. When it's the right time and the right kid things will work out. I do appreciate your kind words! Congratulations on your adoption! Thank you for reading!

      Delete