Mark

Mark
This is the angel I'm hoping will be my son!

Wednesday, December 28, 2011

The first step!

Okay, so I have emailed Andrea, the executive director of Reece's Rainbow, to ask if Mark had been matched with another family. That was my biggest fear, that some other family felt he was their son. I did not expect to hear back from her for a few weeks, so I was quite surprised that I got a reply in less than five minutes.

Andrea happily informed me that Mark has not been matched with anyone!! :) My first obstacle is out of the way! Now I have to prepare for the home study. I have no idea what all that entails, but I'm good at researching and I will do indepth research on what to expect.

Andrea, also sent me Mark's medical information. He was born October 2009, and he got an 8/8 on the APGAR. He weighed just 7.8 pounds and was 20.9 inches long. He has a few MILD health issues and it does not appear to be anything to worry about. Most should clear up on there own without surgery! Mark was admitted to the orphanage 11/12/2009, in Eastern Europe, he was just 5 weeks old and his birth parents didn't want him because he had DS. Oh, how heartbreaking. A parent should love their child no matter what! Their loss is most defintely going to be my gain!


I have A LOT to do to make this happen! I don't even really know where to begin. I know I need a part time job to help make this happen. So, if any of you know of anything available in Athens, please let me know!

As always, thank you for joining me on my journey to bring Mark home!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Kelly! Can you not post his exact location & date of birth? Thanks! We ask that you say he's in "Eastern Europe" ... month / year are okay.


    Did you contact the agency?? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Michelle,

    Yes I have contacted RR and I made the changes you requested. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete