Mark

Mark
This is the angel I'm hoping will be my son!

Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Great things to come in 2012!

I am sitting at home in my living room watching tv with Sadie lying at my feet. This is not anything unusual for me, however, I'm hoping that will change. You see I am counting down to when I can bring home my son. Do you see that picture of the beautiful little boy? That's Mark and he is two years old, and yes, he has Down syndrome (DS). He is an orphanage in Russia and I am hoping to bring that precious little boy home and call him my son. I know all the reasons why I shouldn't do it (I'm not married, it's expensive to do an international adoption about $33,000 are the two biggest ones.) Quite frankly I don't care about why I shouldn't do it, I'm more focused on why I WILL do it!

I have always planned on adopting. Their are so many kids out there who need homes and I feel that I can provide one to Mark (I hope). I decided a while ago that I was going to adopt a special needs child, but I hadn't told anyone yet because I was trying to find the right agency. When lo and behold my friend Staci posted a link to an article on her fb page. It was about Reece's Rainbow a non-profit organization that specializes in helping people adopt children with special needs (usually DS) from other countries (like Russia where Mark is from). I started looking at the pictures and found Mark and that was it. Love at first sight! I looked at him and I said "there is my son!". He is the "joy of my heart" hence the blog title. So, I am documenting my journey here and hope you will voice your support!

If any of you have fundraising experience please let me know. I need to hold a lot of fundraisers to bring Mark home. I need to raise about $33,000 total. I need $5,000 just to be officially "matched" with him, so no one else can adopt him. After, I get $2,000 I can have the home study done then it's about $3,000 for the initial agency fees in order to make an official commitment for Mark. I also have to make 2 trips to Russia in order to bring my little guy home.

So, thanks for stopping by and please join me on my journey. Say a prayer for me and let's bring Mark home.

Love,

Kelly

3 comments:

  1. Praying for you! Excited for you!
    Staci

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kelly, seems as if its truly meant to be; I see that you have a background in "special ed"; that will be so beneficial to Mark and I know that you will be a wonderful Mother. Prayers for your guidance, peace, reassurance and most of all, for opening your heart to this precious little guy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi,Kelly! I'm so thrilled to see someone looking into adopting precious, Mark! I am, Kaitlyn S. I saw his photo about a month ago & God put a special place in my heart for Mark, I became his prayer warrior on RR. I pray for him every day & when my friend showed me this, it made me so happy I almost cried! Visit my blogs, www.4girls4christ.blogspot.com & www.bumblebeesandraindrops.blogspot.com I do fundraisers to help families bring home their angels from RR. I would love to help you in any way I can to bring Mark home to you. Please e-mail me @ Kate2blue@gmail.com I have a new photo of Mark I can show you. Thanks for what you are doing!

    God bless you. <3

    ReplyDelete